Cycle #4 Week 2 Day 4 (day 3 makeup).
This might be my last training day this week. My father-in-law is in the hospital with some pretty serious stuff going on. Until he gets back home our schedules are crazy.
- 2(1+1)r5s of Block Snatch Pull + Snatch (below knee) @ 53kg
- 2(1+1)r5s of Block Clean Pull + Clean (below knee) @ 77kg
- 3+1r3s of Snatch deadlift to knee + snatch pull @ 53kg
- 3+1r3s of Snatch deadlift to knee + snatch pull @ 56kg
- 3r2s of Front Squat @ 78kg
- 3r2s of Front Squat @ 84kg
Cycle #4 Week 2 Day 3 (day 2 makeup).
I started the day off with making up PBS from day 1. And I missed yesterday, day 2. So I am going to make that up today. I am also training on about 3.5 hours of sleep. Life is crazy right now.
- 5r3s of Pause Back Squat @ 77kg
- 5r3s of Pause Back Squat @ 84kg
- 3r of Jerk @ 52kg
- 3r of Jerk @ 56kg
- 3r of Jerk @ 60kg
- 2r2s of Jerk @ 64kg
- 3r2s of Hang Power Clean (below knee) @ 51kg
- 3r2s of Hang Power Clean (below knee) @ 61kg
- 3+2r of Snatch Push Press + OHS @ 53kg
- 3+2r2s of Snatch Push Press + OHS @ 56kg
Cycle #4 Week 2 Day 1.
I started the session with some front squats that I missed due to time from last Saturday. Then I moved into the core of what this cycle focuses on–blocks. Today, like last Monday, was from the mid-thigh (about 18″ of blocks). The high-blocks are still pretty scary as I tend to have a slight pause between the second and third pull. So by the time I start my third pull the bar is already coming down. If I think about a smooth transition I tend to work it out OK.
- 3r2s of Front Squat @ 78kg
- 3r2s of Front Squat @ 90kg
- 3rs of Front Squat @ 96kg
- 3r of Front Squat @ 102kg
- 2(1+1)r5s of Block Snatch Pull + Snatch (mid-thigh) @ 49kg
- 2(1+1)r5s of Block Clean Pull + Clean (mid-thigh) @ 71kg
- 3+1r2s of Clean deadlift to knee + clean pull @ 77kg
- 3+1r2s of Clean deadlift to knee + clean pull @ 82kg
And because I cannot seem to ever catch-up I have some pause back squats that are carrying over to tomorrow’s session.
Cycle #4 Week 1 Day 6.
Today was a breakthrough day for me. I did not increase any PR. However, I was able to hit 70kg (current PR) on snatch for the third heavy single training day. I gave 72kg a go a few times and was close. I am not keeping the bar as close to my body as I need to. The bar is making more a loop than it should. I lose it a lot behind me. It is a good thing I am on a block and pull cycle.
My regular readers know that I have been struggling with the jerk for countless weeks now. I have not really pushed my cleans past 80kg since my last 102kg PR. Now that I have more confidence in my power jerks, I worked up to clean and jerk attempts at 90kg and 92kg. The cleans felt really solid even after all the snatches and training this week. Moreover, I was still able to drive the bar high enough to shoot for some jerks at 90kg+. I walked 92kg out twice but suffered from slight press-outs.
I am starting to push the boundaries that have plagued me for some time now. Maybe next heavy single Saturday I will be able to report a 72kg (+2kg) snatch and 90kg (+12kg) clean and jerk.
- Heavy Single of Snatch; 70kg
- heavy Single of Clean and Jerk; 80kg
Cycle #4 Week 1 Day 5.
I couldn’t take a rest day with stuff from yesterday still left to do. However, today was on the lighter side. And even still I chose to be a tad conservative and cancel the pin back squats from yesterday as my legs are hurting after those 185# and 200# sets of five pause back squats.
- 3r4s of Hang Power Snatch @ 80#
- 3r4s of Muscle Snatch @ 55#