Cycle #5 Week 3 Day 4 (Back)
Pushing the PR limit again. I like. More complex work again with heavier weights.
- Heavy Single of Back Squat; 305lbs
- 2r3s of Back Squat @ 260lbs (85.2%)
- 5r3s of Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press @ 40lbs
- 5r3s of Dumbbell Clean and Push Press @ (50lbs, 55lbs, 60lbs)
- 2r3s of Wide-Grip Pull-up
Cycle #5 Week 3 Day 3 (Front)
- 5r10s of Smith Machine Incline Bench @ 90lbs
- Heavy Single of Front Squat; 265lbs
- 2r3s of Front Squat @ 225lbs (84.9%)
Cycle #5 Week 3 Day 2 (Back)
Not quite a PR day. Still better than last week.
- Heavy Single of Back Squat; 300lbs
- 2r3s of Back Squat @ 255lbs (85%)
- 3r10s of Dips
- 5r3s of Push Press @ 95lbs
Cycle #5 Week 3 Day 1 (Front)
I will take a PR after last week. That was rough. On a different note I recently found Alan Thrall’s YouTube channel after searching for more squat information. This one video on prison complexes inspired me to do more dynamic movements with the dumbbells. I think long term these more metcon style exercises will supplement my overall fitness level.
- Heavy Single of Front Squat; 275lbs PR
- 2r3s of Front Squat @ 235lbs (85.5%)
- 5r4s of Dumbbell Squat Clean + Push Press @ (25lbs, 35lbs, 40lbs, 45lbs)
- 3r3s of Wide-Grip Pull-Up
Cycle #5 Week 2 Day 5 (Back)
My strength is starting to approach the PR mark again. Lots of rest and good food over the weekend in preparation for another four weeks of daily squats.
- Heavy Single of Back Squat; 295lbs
- 2r3s of Back Squat @ 265lbs (89.8%)
- Heavy Single of Smith Machine Bench Press; 180lbs
- 2r3s of Smith Machine Bench Press @ 140lbs (77.7%)
- 2r5s of Wide-Grip Pull-Up